The United States Bankruptcy Court of Connecticut is implementing a new Creditor Listing/Creditor Upload Requirement as of today, October 23rd. Please visit your Courts website for details regarding the Requirement.
Best Case® Bankruptcy can help you meet this new requirement by using our Macro list to insert the appropriate text. Defining and using a Macro for “Attn:” or “Attn: President, CEO, etc.” would help you meet the new requirement of the Connecticut Bankruptcy Court.
The macro feature in Best Case allows you to save common phrases and copy them into answer fields anywhere in the program with a few keystrokes. You can define up to 30 macros.
To Access your List of Macros:
- Close any schedules that are open, close the Forms and Schedules Menu, then close the Client List Window.
- Click on Setup, then on Macro Phrase List.
- Your list of Macros appears.
To Add a Macro:
To add a Macro, click the Insert button.
- The first question asks for the key you want assigned to the macro. You can use all keys 0 through 9, A through U except C. (Ctrl-C, V, W, X, Y and Z are reserved by Windows) Type in your choice or select it from the drop-down list, then press [Tab].
- Type the text that you want to appear in the next block. If you want data such as the debtor’s name, address, Social Security number, or today’s date, click the Data button and select the field you want. Whenever you use a Macro which contains data fields Best Case® Bankruptcy will insert the appropriate data in your text field.
- If you want a space to be inserted after the text, put a check mark in the box marked “Add Trailing Space.”
- Click OK.
To insert the text of the Macro in an entry field, press [Ctrl] and the letter.
To Show the Macro in the Creditor Matrix:
In the Creditor tab, type “Attn:” or “Attention” on one of the Street Address lines.
Please contact Technical Support at 800.492.8037 if you have any questions or need assistance with this feature.