Due to changes mandated by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, you must upgrade your PACER username and password in order to continue to electronically file cases.
NextGen CM/ECF requires the use of a single login for both electronic filing in the courts that have adopted NextGen and PACER case research. To file a case or individual document you must upgrade and link your PACER and CM/ECF accounts.
- Upgrade your PACER account
- Link an Existing CM/ECF Account to an Upgraded PACER Account
- Enter your upgraded PACER account in Best Case
Best Case has compiled a guide to help you through the steps, once your Court upgrades the CM/ECF to NextGen.
If you need help upgrading or linking PACER account, please contact PACER support at 1.800.676.6856. If you need assistance adding upgraded PACER account into Best Case, call 1.800.492.8037 (Mon-Fri, 7:00am-5:30pm CT).
- Alaska – August 17, 2015
- Oregon – September 28, 2015
- New Jersey – October 26, 2015
- California Southern – January 25, 2016
- Nebraska – February 20, 2018
- District of Columbia – March 5, 2018
- Southern District of Indiana – April 16, 2018
- Southern District of Iowa – April 23, 2018
- Northern District of Iowa – April 30, 2018
- Western District of Missouri – July 9, 2018
- Northern District of Alabama – September 24, 2018
- Eastern District of Washington – October 1, 2018
- District of Montana – October 9, 2018
- Southern District of New York – October 22, 2018
- District of South Dakota – October 29, 2018
- Check back soon for additional Jurisdictions