Save data-entry time by importing property from another client. This is a great shortcut if you have a client who is:
- Refiling a Chapter 13 case
- Filing separately with joint debts
- Filling as a business and personally
To copy the property schedules from one client file to another, you will first export the property schedule from the client with the property, then import it into the client without the property. This example will copy Schedule A/B.
To export the property:
- Open the client file whose property you want to copy.
- Open Schedule A/B so that you can see a full list of all property.
- Click File in the top toolbar > Export Property.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click Export to save the property.
- Select a destination and file name.
- A message will appear telling you how many records (pieces of property) were exported. Click OK, then close this client file.
To import property:
- Open the client file without the property.
- Open Schedule A/B.
- In Schedule A/B, click File in the top toolbar > Import Property
- In the pop-up window that appears, click Import.
- Locate the file destination from step 6 and click Open.
- A message will appear telling you how many pieces of property were imported.
Note: MyCaseInfo files have a .BCI file extenstion.
If you need help importing a property, technical support is available Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5:30 pm CT. Call 800.492.8037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.