This 90-minute webinar reviews the fundamentals of Best Case by Stretto, walking you through a client file from start to finish. This is perfect for new users or those needing a refresher. Topics include:
- Forms Preparation
- Client and Case Management
- Electronic filing using the ECF Wizard and OneTouch®
- Post-Petition Activities
Please join us for a tour of ancillary products and services available through the Best Case by Stretto desktop platform to streamline your case management and petition preparation workflows.
- MyCaseInfo (online questionnaire)
- Credit Reports
- Bankruptcy Courses
- Legal Noticing
- Court Notices & Calendar
Sign up for the next Best Case Best Practices, a series of webinars that features revolving monthly topics, providing you with the opportunity to learn about new features and more from a Best Case expert while engaging in an open forum to get your questions answered and interact with other users.
5/11 | Chapter 13 Plan Calculator
Simplify the complex process of generating a feasible chapter 13 plan by utilizing the integrated calculator.
Learn how to:
• Assign treatment classifications to correctly calculate claims
• Determine plan payments, factoring in term and unsecured non-priority debt
• Utilize local plans and manual editing options to customize for your firm
How are you planning to move your firm forward in the new year? Are you aware of the sizable changes to American bankruptcy code supported by incoming political leadership? While many of the challenges of 2020 remain, there is opportunity for growth. As the leader in bankruptcy management software, Stretto can provide you with the most relevant information concerning policy change, alternative revenue recommendations, and give you resources your firm needs to grow in 2021. In January and February, Stretto is hosting a variety of webinars designed to help your firm begin the new year. You can learn more about each webinar and find the registration links below.
There are no live Thought Leadership webinars scheduled at this time. Check back later to see our upcoming sessions.
Access past recordings in our Thought Leadership webinar archive
Best Case Bankruptcy provides everything you need to make case preparation and e-filing quicker, easier and more accurate. Take a video tour and learn about the time-saving features that will assist you from start to finish.
OneTouch® allows you to effortlessly e-file complete and emergency petitions quickly and accurately.
Recorded August 22, 2019
Basics of Best Case
Learn the fundamentals of Best Case as an expert walks through the stages of a client file from start to finish. This course is perfect for new users or those needing a refresher.
- Completing the schedules
- Saving time with Credit Report Manager and CaseAssist
- Electronic filing using the ECF Wizard and OneTouch
- Using BestScan
- Applying the means test provisions with the Best Case Means Test Calculator
Recorded April 6, 2022
Means Test Calculations
Revised means test numbers are effective April 1, 2022. Discover how Best Case simplifies the Means Test with built-in calculators and tools to streamline data entry.
Learn how to:
- Automate the calculation of CMI/DMI to determine presumption of abuse
- Utilize the paycheck calculator to populate income on Form 122 and Schedule I
- Complete the twelve means test tabs if a debtor’s income is above the median
Recorded March 24, 2021
Tech Talk – Learn answers to frequently asked technical support questions:
- How do I update? How often should I update?
- Update failed; what do I do now?
- I can’t update even though all users are out of Best Case, what do I do?
- I updated and can’t see my clients, now what?
- How do I backup my clients?
- How do I move a BC install to a new computer?
- Can I use Best Case with Dropbox?
- How do I email a client file? / How do I restore a client that was emailed?
- How do I copy a client?
- Is there a way to email a proof of my petition to my clients?
- Do you have a client questionnaire I can print out and had to my clients?
- Where do I enter EIN info?
- Is there a way to link multiple properties to a creditor?
- How do I get addresses to appear on certificate of service?
- Is there a way to manually edit a form?
- Does BC have spell check?
- How do I attach multiple income and expense worksheets to Sch I or J?
- Why isn’t my Schedule I data appearing in Form 122 and vice versa?
- I can’t edit any income data in the Means Test, why not?
- Form 122 told me I was $XX over abuse. I put in an amount greater than $xx and I’m still over abuse.
- Only half of my means test is completed. Why?
- How do I calculate the 13 plan?
- I calculated the 13 plan and the monthly payment is really high. Why?
- How do I change the trustee’s percentage on the 13 plan?
- What classification should I select on the 13 plan?
Recorded June 17, 2020
Electronic filing essentials
Learn how to:
- Prepare initial and post-petition documents for correct filing order
- Scan and add supplemental materials, such as paystubs and course certificates
- Automate filing with OneTouch® and receive a case number and court receipt
- Access filing logs, court notice emails and free look PDFs